Not Quite Fixed and a Random 10
1. Panic at the Disco - Nails for Breakfast, Tacks for Snacks - Not my favorite tune of theirs but doesn't make me want to skip to the next song.
2. Ace of Base - Cruel Summer - This takes me back to those summers that seemed so long when I'd have summer break. I was the type who didn't want to go back to school to learn, but if I could of went back to just hand out with my friends to sit around and talk, I would of done it. Some of my favorite memories of high school are hanging out at Band Camp when it was just the band there 2 weeks before the rest of the school showed up.
So onto the car while we for the next song. The dealership replaced the Steering pump but the husband who does know a thing or 2 about these things still doesn't like how the car sounds so next week it is going back to the dealership. The car is loud unless of course I have the stereo cranked, then I can't hear a durn thing. That is mainly how I prefer to listen to the radio anyway.
3. Hinder - Homecoming Queen - Funny, how I was talking about high school and this song comes on. I remember our Homecoming Queen. Sweet girl that I grew up with. We were never really close but we did sit in the back of the bus together in 8th grade so we must of been BFF's at one point. LOL. Anyway, her goal our entire high school career was to be the Homecoming Queen and she made it happen. She was a cheerleader and in the student council. Blond and beautiful. Sounds like a teen movie, doesn't it? Last I saw her was at our high school reunion and she was one of the organizers. I haven't seen her since and that was 6 years ago. Which means, our 20 can't be all that far away is it? Yikes!!!
4. Gwen Stafani - Danger Zone - I have to admit I truly like what this lady has done as a solo artist, but I'm seriously in need of some new No Doubt music. The sounds are different and I love them and her. Speaking of new music, I went Best Buy yesterday to buy season 6 of Smallville and was checking out the new CD releases. The only ones I wanted were Rihanna and Foo Fighters, but I didn't get either. I'll wait for them to go on sale. I still want to get Kelly Clarkston's latest CD but haven't gotten that either.
5. Semisonic - California - Mellow, mellow, mellow. This song would be so much better if I was at the beach laying in the sun just talking about nothing in particular with my friends or even just dozing and relaxing, wishing the day didn't have to end. But no, I'm in front of the computer, at least it is another gorgeous day in these final days of summer so I can at least later go out side and feel the deliciousness of the sun on my face. Tonight is the annual wine walk in Bay City and I'm so happy I don't have to wear a jacket to do it. I'm thinking I'll wear this striped Cami tunic style shirt with my skinny dark jeans, brown belt, brown sandal heals, tan cropped sweater if it gets cool and my turquoise Solas purse. Course, I may still completely change my mind. But is what I'm leaning towards.
6. Cher - Believe (Remix) - Yikes, this is a long one. I have a lot of club remixes but I need to go through and pick out like 10 of my favorites and edit them down to normal radio air times so I can use them at dance. I like lots of variety to use in warm ups and stuff so if I use some of these long remixes I only end up using like 3 songs for a jazz warm up and everyone starts to get tired of the songs. I'm going to make a CD of some good 80's music too for class. I actually made one last week but burned it as MP3 files and the ancient studio CD player can't read that so I need to do that again. OK, on hold till the next song. Be back in about 3 minutes.
7. Clay Walker - This Time Love - Ok, so this is the first concert my husband and I went to see together and we still just love seeing Clay perform. We've only seen him twice and it was 10 years apart but he puts on a fantastic show and seems just like a fun guy. I'd totally have a beer or soda with him and share some Hooter's wings with him. But the funny story about the first time we saw Clay is that we'd just started dating, maybe for about a month. For some crazy reason I decided to die my darkish blond hair red. Reba red. And it wasn't pretty. The husband still hasn't forgotten it. It has been agreed to by both of us I should just stick to my naturalish color which now is a medium brown (though there is some red in it, in the sun)I really love the color right now after summer, since its now got some natural looking highlights in it, but since the grey is just starting to show I'll be getting it colored next week. I'm going to have her match it as closely as she can to the color it is now.
8. Jennifer Love - Could This Be Love - Yawn. Actually, it's a pretty song but I'm just not into ballads, especially by pop singers. I'm not sure why, but they come on the radio and I turn them. I want up beat and want to jam. Maybe that is part of why I'm not a fan of doing lyrical dance, I just don't get into it because I'm not into the music. Moving on.
9. Cee-Lo - Sugar (Gimme Some) - now this gets me moving in my chair a bit. I really wanted to use this song a couple years ago at dance but its not exactly appropriate and the song needs to be just a tad faster for class use. I've found if I use anything with a slower beat which is great for the dance floor, but in class the kids start to get bored. A favorite trick of mine is about 2 weeks before the recital is to speed the music up just a bit and the kids never know and it gives them an extra little pep. Mean, mean Miss Jody.
10. Coldplay - In my Place - I was lost oh yeah... Until next time.