Thursday, January 10, 2013

Please Stand Up

Shady? Slim Shady?  

I'll stand up and I do it more often thanks to my new desk that can either be set for seated or standing.    I still don't stand as often I'd like but my goal right now is at least for an half hour to hour a day.  I don't think I'll ever stand up all the time but it's nice to have the option now.  I really like it for conference calls it definitely offers up some freedom.  Standing also help relieve any aches I may get from sitting.  From my workouts I always seem to have some form of DOMs, usually mild but sitting will makes some of those muscle just tense up so getting up to move helps works that out.  My foam roller, tennis ball or some gently yoga also help me out almost every morning before work for about 10 minutes.  Pigeon is wonderful for the desk dweller and since I've been doing it all the time, I can see a huge difference in my hip flexibility.  I'm going to start working on some other tights areas I have too.  I've always had limited mobility, throughout my hips and legs, at least for a dance.  Maybe not for most people but it's an area I still want to improve on so I'm working on it.  I've also found that just stretching isn't enough for my tightness, I need to work on actual mobility (light bulb).  This girly just may get her splits before she turns 40.   Or at least be able to keep my heels completely down at the bottom of a full squat.  I be working it.  I'll also be standing more and probably while I"m standing working on my mobility.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM , Anonymous Amber @ Busy, said...

I'm jealous, I would love a stand or sit desk!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home